We are SC. Lexington,
The Silent Crusaders!
Your local Columbia, South Carolina NASP Homeschooling Archery Team! We compete against the elementary, middle, and high school public schools here in the midlands.
* We also accept online public schoolers *
I love seeing the growth and development within the kids!
Check out or end of year archery party at the Lake!
Check out our first tournament of the 2021-2022 season.
Participate in monthly tournaments throughout the season.
Archery is a sport of focus, concentration, determination, and most importantly, consistency.
Allow us to be apart of your village!
My name is India Horton and I have the pleasure of serving as the Head Coach for SC Lexington, the Silent Crusaders. I am an homeschooling mom of 7 years and love everything that the homeschooling world has to offer. I own several companies centered around education and the growth of children. I am a NASP certified coach of 3 years and I'm loving every bit of it!
I take pride in becoming apart of your family village and look forward to serving you.
The season is August to April.
We practice year-round to maintain a competitive edge but May to July is not mandatory. However, we do suggest coming at least twice a month to not regress. Archery is not like riding a bike. It will take consistency and determination.
During the season we practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:15 pm to 2:15 pm. During the off-season we practice on Tuesdays only from 1:15 pm to 2:15 pm.
Jeffrey’s Archery Range, located at 3129 Bluff Road, Columbia, SC, 29209
Jeffery Archery's Range charges a $10 lane rental fee per visit.
We accept 3rd grade - 12th-grade. Competing is 4th grade and up per the NASP rules. We allow 3rd graders to join our team to give them an opportunity to practice for a year, and to go to a few tournaments to see how things are done.
Must be a homeschooler or an online public schooler.
The Season starts August 2nd, 2022. However we accept archers all year. It is best to have your equipment purchased and team fees paid by Tuesday, July 26th.
Please be advised that all archers will need to be approved to compete in tournaments. So registering towards the end of the season, would more than likely mean they will need to wait until the following season to compete.
Equipment & NASP Rules
The only bow our shooters are allowed to use is the genesis original, per the NASP rules.
(Any color is allowed however we do suggest not getting cameo)
We are only allowed to use Easton 820 arrows, per the NASP rules.
** All arrows MUST be the SAME color **
You must have at least 7 arrows on you at all times.
Must own a hardcover bow case.
Optional but recommended items..
* All equipment may be purchased either at Jeffrey’s Archery Range, Academy Sports, Sportsman Warehouse, Amazon, etc.
These links are only to help guide you through your purchasing process, but you may purchase anywhere you like. *
You can expect to spend approximately $400 on equipment to get started.
Team Fee Breakdown
There are funds needed to keep the team alive.
The annual team fee is
- $240 for the first child
- $100 for each additional child.
This includes up to 10 tournaments. If you choose to attend more than 10 tournament, you will be responsible for bringing $10 cash the Tuesday prior to the tournament.
Each parent will still be responsible for paying their $10 range time each visit. All fees will be non-refundable, and due by July 26th, 2022.
*** So basically, it’s $140 that goes to the team and $100 that pays for your tournaments for the season. ***
This annual team fee covers ….
- Up to 10 tournaments. Each additional tournament fee will be $10.
(ALL NASP tournaments are $10)
- The $100 fee for each additional child, pays for your child’s tournaments for the season.
- 50% of the annual fee for our team mom.
- IBO Team Targets
- Back up arrows
- Any additional training that's needed for the coach’s recertification.
- We need 2 additional backup bows to start traveling with. One left-handed and one right-handed.
- Repair kit Etc.
Other fees you can expect to pay
- Ongoing maintenance for your bow and arrows.
- Mainly your arrows when you’re just getting started.
- Spectator tournament fees: Each school has its own spectator fees for both adults and children. Some schools charge $3 for kids, some have kids free of charge. Adults for the most part are always a $5 fee.
1. Complete the online registration form:
2. Print & sign the last page of this Handbook and email it to SilentCrusaders.SC@gmail.com.
We are a competitive team.
In the event, you are not looking to compete and just want to learn how to shoot, you may pay a coaching fee to join us on Thursdays throughout the year.
Here is the fee breakdown for those not looking to compete…
Bow & arrow rental: $15 paid to Jeffrey’s Archery Range
1-hour lane fee: $10 paid to Jeffrey’s Archery Range
Coaching fee: $16 paid either electronically or in cash to the Head Coach
Book your coaching session now!